Thursday, May 12, 2005

Amazed at the Feedback

I gotta tell ya... I am amazed. Now I was expecting some feedback. I was expecting positive stuff mixed in with a lot of negative, but man oh man, I had no idea what a response we would get from blogging our lives and what we are going through having met online.


The outpouring of support is truly inspiring. Times can be so hard for us and most of it stems from the very fact that we DID meet online. The part about coming from different countries is hard enough, but it's the criticism that we sometimes get in the 'real world' (and I use that term loosely) that really wears us down. It appears that people who have spent any time online at all can appreciate the dynamics of the 'online world' and recognize the real accomplishments we have made.

Bottom line - I am tickled pink. I never really knew how many people would wish us well and take the time to comment or leave a message for us in our guestbook. It just amazes me. So much bad in the world and then you get this humongous ray of sunshine that comes from a place that so many who don't understand it call dark and dangerous. The fools. I won't go into that right now, but I love to argue with someone who calls the internet evil. lol...

John and I are still struggling, but we are being carried on the wings of those who care enough to recognize our struggles, sympathize with us, cheer us on, and take our message to others who don't believe that what we have is truly possible.

John, I love you babe, and I believe what we have will stand the test of time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buttercup

8 comments:

HippyMonkey said...

Hey, glad you like the blog, new picture and quote every day. Also, thats cute that you guys met online, I met my last girlfriend of a year on the internet. Happy belated b-day

Niqabi said...

First of all, you lot have funny names. Finding love online is risky but if its working out fine with you, all very good.
I quickly skimmed through and I think you two lovey-birds are enjoying loads. Just wanted to ask, how did you come across my blog?

Unknown said...

Well of course you are going to get feedback! LOL especially if you randomly comment on other peoples blog like you did mine! LOL I think it's nice!! And why shouldn't you guys get positive feedback? It's such a romantic story!!

I will check back frequently and don't forget to visit mine whenever you can!

-=Ninna19=- said...

aww ... you guys are so inspirational! my boyfriend and i are in a long distance relationship now, we ain't just in a different states. we're in different countries!

anyway, i wish you guys all the best!! *MuWaH* teecee!!

[estalia] said...

Hi, just checking out your blog. You two look so adorable together =)
I met my boyfriend on the Internet too, we've been together for 4 years now, and next year we're planning to get engaged. So I guess finding love online IS for real.

Esther said...

Naturally, if you read other people's blogs and comment you will get lots of feedback on your own.

This is an awesome site. I applaud you two, it is good to hear about such a wonderful, successful relationship that began in a way that many people tend to disapprove of--the internet. I have made a few good friends online and it's nice to see another good story come out of cyberspace.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's good to know I have an audience of more than just my already known friends.

Anonymous said...

Buttercup and John,
A reminder from the Dalai Lama: "Keep in mind that Great love and great achievements in life involve a great amount of risk" (From "Instructions for life")
Hugs, from wysiwyg

L A Cammaro said...

in a sinful world like today, it's pretty hard to believe that love can be found on the virtual world.
and maybe that's the new trend ? coz i'm living in the real world and babe.... i ain't seeing a damn thing called LOVE here.

so, if you two can find love online, maybe i can get it on ebay too.